Thursday, August 5, 2010

Thoughts About the Future

O.K., the past few days have been woefully uneventful. I have been doing nothing but following blogs, commenting, reading Atlas Shrugged, and thinking about the future. I am having the hardest time figuring out where I want to go to grad school and what I want to specialize in, whether I want to join the military full time before I go to grad school or part time while I go to grad school, etc. Being an adult has its perks, but there are also some drawbacks.

I feel like I should stick with my first area of interest within international relations: strategic studies. I have always been extremely interested in geopolitics and geostrategy; the first book related to politics that I read was The Commanders by Bob Woodward. I was about 14 and I remember being completely taken in by the complexity of the national security process. But even though national security and strategic thought were my gateway into the vast world of international relations, I have sense been interested in conflict resolution, international development, and area studies (Russia and the former Soviet Union in particular). The problem is that there are to many options.

I need some insight soon because I want to start making a reading list that will prepare me for my specialization. God give me wisdom.

1 comment:

  1. I'll be praying that God gives you peace and wisdom concerning your future! I know he'll lead you in the right direction :)

    ReplyDelete