Saturday, August 7, 2010

My Happy Place

Finally! I finally got to go back to one of my favorite places in the world: Barnes and Noble. I could walk around that store for ages on end without feeling the faintest bit of boredom or restlessness. There, I have the two things that I need: coffee and books of all kinds. Even though I could have bought half of the books in the store, I only walked out with one: Persuasion by Jane Austin. I love this book above all of her others, including Pride and Prejudice (which is saying a lot). I think the reason that I love this book so much is because of the fact that the main characters, in spite of themselves, continue to love each other even after being apart for eight years. It is the constancy of affection that makes it, in my opinion, the most romantic of all the Austin masterpieces. And the masterpiece is finally mine; I have no idea why I have not bought it before today.

Over all, I was glad to get out of the Milton-Danville area for a change.

1 comment:

  1. I love Barnes and Noble! I agree that books and coffee go together :)

    ReplyDelete