Thursday, August 26, 2010

One of Those Moments

Today, I was feeling the stress and the tension building again, so I went outside and immediately felt the sun on my face. The sensation was so wonderful that I had to go down off the deck and sit on the swing in the back yard. Once there, I looked out on the rolling hills ahead; the green touching the blue of the sky. Then I closed my eyes and just sat there for several minutes in the silence, thanking God for letting me have this moment of pure beauty. I would not have given that little bit of beautiful peace for anything. The sorry truth is, though, that I could have a whole lot more moments like that if I would simply let myself breath;if I could just be still and know that He is God.

In other news, I got a haircut that I absolutely love!

2 comments:

  1. Don't you just love those quiet moments with God? I love seeing how He shows Himself through nature :) Ooooh, post pics of your haircut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never felt closer to God than when I am experiencing the wonder of His creation!

    I will try to get some pics up of my haircut tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete