Monday, August 30, 2010

A Morning at the Gun Show

What a day I had yesterday! My alarm went off at 6AM and so my day began. At 7:30AM it was off to the Greensboro Gun and Knife Show. My dad and I were volunteering again for another campaign so we made our way inside the Colosseum. When I stepped through the doors and before me was one of the most amazing, beautiful sights I have ever seen: guns and knives as far as the eye could see and a bunch of people exercising their Second Amendment Right by carrying their guns around over their shoulders!

Of course the guns were not loaded, but it would still be intimidating to the person who is not used to such practices. I, for one, was born and raised in the rural South and grew up around guns and shooting. But I had never been to a gun show in my life and it was an amazing sight that I will never forget. I also met some great people who were volunteering with the same campaign and we had some stimulating conversations!

Oh, yeah. Then I went home and wrote a four page paper. YEE-HAW!

No, I don't have a picture. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment