Thursday, September 30, 2010

Russian

I absolutely love the Russian language! I started to take Russian at the beginning of the summer and found that it was much harder a language than Arabic (the language I was dabbling in last year). I don't know why, but when I was studying Arabic, everything I learned seemed to stick to my mind a lot faster than French (the language I spent over a year studying and cant seem to remember at all!). In fact, I still remember all of the conversations that I learned in Arabic one year ago; strange, I know. The ease with which I can pick up on Arabic goes to show that I am not taking the easy way out with Russian; indeed, I find Russian to be harder than both Arabic and French put together! I'm serious! Some of the sounds that one has to make while speaking this beautiful language feel completely unnatural and alien. I have to do each lesson at least three times before I can fully grasp the content. But it is a labor of love, and all the mental blood, sweat and tears are worth it in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment