Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Long Week that Just Got Longer

First of all, I claim complete responsibility for my bad memory.

This week has been absolutely crazy! I have had a whole lot more work hours and a whole lot more school than usual. I am behind on my research project, I have only exercised twice, I am not getting good sleep, and I started a new class last week. This is not so bad, as it goes; I can deal with everything I just listed. In fact, it almost feels like my new status quo. But something else happened on Tuesday. I was about to read what I thought was an article that I had to get done in order to write an eight page paper, but I found out that it was a book. I almost started hyperventilating because the paper in due this Sunday!

As it turns out, it is a very short book (only eighty something pages). I am almost done reading it, thank heaven. Also, I do not regret starting this new semester long class (Civitas Institute Academy of Practical Politics). In fact, it is one of the things that I look forward to every week. Last week we had a class on basic campaign structure, and yesterday, we had a lecture on opposition research from a partner in successful campaign research firm. Then we talked about polling and we were given the assignment of constructing our own poll (which will actually be executed!). Yesterday was amazing, and I can't wait until next week!

In the mean time, I will be typing three papers nonstop for the next three days.

1 comment: