Sunday, October 3, 2010

A Lovely Afternoon

It may seem strange, but I love quiet, peaceful, chilly afternoons in which I can read poetry and classics with a cup of hot coffee. Today was one such day. I did have a short essay to write, but I got it done by 2:00 PM. After I submitted the assignment, I went straight to the coffee maker to brew a fresh pot of liquid bliss. As the coffee was brewing, I worked on my Russian (I did lesson three for the THIRD time!). Then I poured my coffee and sat down for a two hour read in Natasha's Dance: A Cultural History of Russia. OK, so it's not exactly a classic, but it was very interesting. I love learning about the paradoxical nature of Russian culture in the 17Th and 18Th centuries. To many, this may seem like an extremely boring day, but I enjoyed it thoroughly!

No comments:

Post a Comment