Monday, November 22, 2010

Tis the Season...to Make Fudge!

My latest quest into the previously undiscovered world of baking is that of the perfect recipe for chocolate fudge. Today I realized that I have only one short month until that most joyous of days: Christmas! This year, I decided to get out of the habit of buying everyone gift cards and consumer products. I want to do something for everyone that I have to pour myself into. In other words, I want to give people the one thing that no one has enough of: time. In fact, this is the main reason that I decided to try the recipe for truffles a couple of months ago. But hey! Who needs a good reason to bake truffles? The recipe turned out to be absolutely delicious! But I have my worries about the truffles melting a little and bleeding through the confectioner's sugar coating. So, I found a new recipe that I will be trying tonight that has a hard chocolate coating, as well as a new recipe for fudge that I have only just finished and put in the frig to set.

Here is a picture of the mixture before I poured it!

No comments:

Post a Comment