Friday, November 26, 2010

Baking Update

The fudge ended up being pretty good. Every time I make fudge it seems like I do not enjoy it, though. So I pondered the question: Why do I never like the fudge that I make? Then I remembered that I have never really liked fudge in the first place!

As for the "truffles", that is a whole other story. I began by mixing the inner truffle. I peeled off all the royal blue Dove chocolate wrappers and melted the contents with some light cream and vanilla. After the filling was smooth as silk, I poured it onto the wax papered baking sheet and threw it in the frig to cool and harden. Next, I melted the semi-sweet chocolate for the coating.

I must note that the recipe CLEARLY stated that I was to leave the filling in the frig for 30 minutes. I left them in for an hour, just for good measure. When I took the filling out of the frig and tried to roll it into a ball, I immediately realized that it just wasnt't going to work. But being the culunary opptimist that I am, I decided to try. I rolled the first section into a little ball and threw it into the pot of hot semi-sweet chocolate.

Of course, the filling started to melt as soon as I put it in the coating. I took it out as fast as I could and threw it in the freezer (which the recipe did not call for). To make a long story short, after all was said and done, I had a sheet full of brown pancakes. It was very sad...

I had a great Thanksgiving, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment